Grand Canyon Education, Inc.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (GCE) is an online management partner dedicated to serving colleges and universities. Since 1983, GCE's leadership team has been transforming education, and GCE has been providing educational services to Grand Canyon University, a private, nonprofit Christian university, for more than a decade.
GCE's full-service model includes support functions for the complete student lifecycle, including strategic enrollment management, academic counseling, financial services, learning management system support, technical support, student information system support, compliance, marketing, human resources, classroom operations, curriculum development, faculty recruitment and training, among others. GCE delivers online program management that serves a diverse student body across numerous colleges and programmatic areas, ultimately leading to organizational growth and student success.
The GCE Full-Service Model
GCE offers a full-service model different from any other educational service provider. We have a dedicated team of professionals who integrate into your university's culture and brand and are highly proficient in online program management.
The following departments make up our full-service model:
- University Counselors
- Student Services Counselors
- Student Records Management
- Financial Aid Operations
- Marketing & Communications
- Human Resources
- Learning & Development Training
- Technology & Tech Support
- Faculty Operations
- Business Operations
- Curriculum Services
University Counselors (UCs) are dedicated to the enrollment, retention and graduation of qualified students. Based on your university's admissions requirements and transfer policies, UCs review academic transcripts and use a proven pre-evaluation process to ensure prospective students have a clear understanding of transferrable credits and remaining credits to complete their degree program.
UCs communicate to prospective students:
- The university's classroom expectations
- All program costs
- All available financial resources
- The entire cost to complete their degree program using our Net Price Calculator
- The required technological skills and equipment necessary to be successful at online schooling
- Licensure requirements, if applicable
Student Services Counselors
Student Services Counselors (SSCs) have a unique role that combines academic and financial counseling to comprehensively meet the goals of each individual student. SSCs serve as a single point of contact from the start of a student's program through graduation. SSCs work in a graduation team, which can include UCs and/or faculty members.
SSCs counsel and educate students on:
- Acceptable academic progress
- University policies
- Available resources to ensure on-time graduation
Student Records Management
Student Records Management supports GCE counselors with all academic- and classroom-related requests. Prior to a student enrolling in a degree program, this department provides prospective students:
- An unofficial pre-evaluation within 24 hours based on the university's transfer policies
- A transparent degree plan
- Application of transfer credits to a student's record, based on university acceptance decisions
- Data entry of potential transfer credits for university evaluation
- Classroom scheduling support based on program requirements determined by the university
- An accurate time-to-completion date
After students have selected and applied to a degree program, Student Records management uses proprietary technology to capture the university's evaluation of institutional transfer credits and applies that to the student record.
Additionally, this department uses weekly evaluations to maintain optimal class size, and processes any status change requests or program changes a student may need during his/her time at the university.
Admissions collects all application documents, including transcripts, from prospective students and enters their information into the student information system (SIS) for partners to determine admissibility. On behalf of the university, GCE will request all official transcripts from prior institutions the student attended.
Financial Aid Operations
Financial Aid Operations is unique because it creates a fluid interaction between efficient operational functionality and student servicing. It is designed to shift a student's focus from how to pay for their education to academic excellence. OFA provides an end-to-end solution of Title IV, private loans and state grant processing.
Services offered to partner institutions include:
- Verification and C code resolution
- Federal aid awarding
- Disbursement eligibility
- Refund calculations
- Quality assurance
- Counselor support
Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Communications utilizes the latest marketing advancements and leverages GCE's buying power. An integrated and strategic marketing and communications plan, including branding, is developed in conjunction with the university. Marketing strategies focus on proven traditional and digital marketing techniques. Channels such as television, radio, OOO, paid advertising, email marketing, social media, website development, event services and more are employed to help drive interest in partner institutions.
Human Resources (HR) offers the following comprehensive services:
- Preventing and resolving workplace issues
- Consulting with business leaders and employees on performance management
- Developing HR policies
- Business unit restructures
- Workforce planning and formal complaint investigation and response
- Compensation consulting, including assistance in creating job descriptions, conducting market compensation, headcount and turnover analyses and managing salary administration plans
- Support hiring decisions for personnel and assist employee recruitment processes, including sourcing, interviewing and on-boarding employees
- Implementing an HR system technology with automated HR business processes
Learning and Development Training
The Learning and Development Training department supports university employees from the point of new hire orientation and onboarding through advanced training curriculum and compliance modules. These activities are available through face-to-face learnings, online learning modules and webinars. Additionally, staff and management development programs are offered on a regular basis to support the growth of the organization. A separate division of this department evaluates calls between staff and students or prospective students to ensure compliance with internal procedures.
Technology and Tech Support
GCE hosts and maintains a technology platform that serves as an online communication portal for university students, faculty, course coordinators, course assistants, interns and staff. The portal enables online applications, course delivery, communications, development and maintenance of student portfolios, placement services and more.
GCE provides students with online access to the portal, which includes electronic course materials, student information and contact management systems.
Technical support is offered seven days a week to all students enrolled in partner institutions. In addition, an IT Help Desk supports employees with:
- Staff desktop technology
- Classroom technology
- Point-of-sale (POS) terminal
- Phone and cell service
- Software applications
- Campus networking
- Library integration
- Data analytics and reporting
- Cybersecurity services
- And more
Faculty Operations helps recruit and schedule faculty based on qualifications and the university’s needs. It administers faculty training and provides ongoing faculty development.
While our partner institutions determine the qualifications for each course, GCE finds qualified candidates who meet those requirements for institution approval. GCE provides partner institutions with accurate accrual of faculty payments, saving the institution time and money and leveraging GCE's scalable systems.
GCE offers its partners the ability to increase their reach to students not currently available to the institution. Our business solutions ensure that overall business needs are managed and monitored on behalf of partner institutions. Operational services provided include:
- Accounting services such as payroll, accounts payable, student accounting, financial reporting and budgeting
- Procurement services and costs savings to partner institutions by securing products and services, including travel services, office products and invoice management
- Annual audit plans and assistance in performing internal auditing services
Our partner institutions are responsible for curriculum and all the educational content provided in course materials. GCE offers partner institutions technical and curriculum processes to ensure quality and timely delivery of courses based on student needs. GCE's Curriculum Services recommends content and techniques that use available technologies and methods embodied in the learning management platform to meet the needs of students and faculty. Partner institution's faculty work with GCE to identify and license academic resources relevant to their programs and courses to ensure students have the learning materials needed to support their academic goals in the classroom.
If your company is interested in developing a business relationship with Grand Canyon Education, Inc., please complete our New Supplier Form and a procurement representative will reach out to you shortly.